Special Pocket Event:
International Virtual Innovation, Invention &
Design Competition 2023
3rd Penang International Conference on Hospitality 2023 (PItCH 2023)
Award Winners Announcement
Congratulation to all winners, we will contact for e-certificate download.
Jointly Organized by
Special Pocket Event: International Virtual Innovation, Invention & Design Competition 2023 (IVIID2023) in 3rd Penang International Conference on Hospitality 2023 (PItCH 2023) was held to provide a specific platform to enable academics, industry and students to highlight innovation in the field they are engaged in. This program is organized by the Faculty of Hotel and Tourism Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Penang Branch in collaboration with various institutions and assisted by Higher Education Institutions, Education Associations and Government Agencies. This event will be held virtually where participants from various countries, various fields can participate. This program is a competition to produce products, ideas and designs that have quality innovation features. All of these entries will be judged by authoritative judges among academics and professionals in their fields.
- Make a culture of competitiveness and constant innovation towards excellence as the core of identity among the people of IPTA, IPTS and industry.
- Empowering innovation excellence towards the commercialization and branding of educational and industrial based products
- Positioning UiTM as a catalyst for scholarship based on a culture of creativity and innovation in line with the empowerment of KPM’s TVET culture.
Scope and Sub-Theme
- Health and wellness tourism
- Physical and mental health issues
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Heritage tourism
- Quality of life
- Nutrition and health
- Quality education and inclusiveness
- Research methodologies
- Equality and inequality issues in employment
- Employee performance
- Tourism innovation and technologies
- Issues and challenges in smart hospitality and tourism
- Socioeconomic development and economic growth
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Food safety management
- Food insecurity
- Innovative food products and processing
- Future food
- Waste management
- Food and culture
Terms and Condition
- Each entry MUST submit Abstract and ONE (1) introductory video (7 minutes MAX duration) explaining about the innovation project.
- Registration is up to 5 persons MAX per group. All participating members are CONFIRMED and no changes are allowed after registering.
- All presentation items need to be in ENGLISH ONLY.
- All format needs to be following according to the organizer’s prepared template.
- All participant will be receive an e Certificate of Participation, e Certificate of Appreciation for winner of Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- Best Award presented to overall winner by categories. Will receive goods by BPLTV worth RM100, Trophy and Physical Certificate of Award Appreciation.
- The judging process as well as the awarding ceremony will be done via online (YouTube) from 22th to 30th August 2023 (tentatively).
Idea for the innovation project needs to be ORIGINAL AND UNPUBLISHED. Any winning innovation projects that had been in any other innovation competition before is NOT ACCEPTED for registration unless proven had undergone certain alteration of amendments to the concept or to the project itself.
The abstract need to be saved in word (docx) format with a max of 20MB.
- Each video has a duration of 7 minutes MAX. Videos exceeding the time allocated will be void of participation.
- Only ONE (1) video can be sent for each project to be evaluated.
- Video presentation can use creative method accompanied with voiceovers.
- Upload to Youtube/Google Drive/Microsoft OneDrive or any cloud storage.
- Share the link with us by filling in the form
Evaluation Criteria for IVIID2023
- Novelty & Uniqueness
- Benefit to Mankind
- Potential Commercialization
- Status of Invention/ Innovation/ Design
- Video Presentation
Payment can be made via online payment or FINEPAY only.
Payment made be made in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) for Local Participants and US Dollar (USD) for International Participants.
No refund will be made if cancellation is received after the deadline [18 August 2023].
PAY TO : UITM TECHNOVENTURE SDN BHD
BANK ACCOUNT NO : 562106719157
BANK NAME : MAYBANK BERHAD
BANK ADDRESS : MAYBANK SHAH ALAM BRANCH, SECTION 14, SHAH ALAM
SWIFT CODE : MBISMYKL
Payment Detail Reference: IVIID 2023 (LoA Code)
All receipts must be submitted through proof of payment. The participants need to scan the receipt and convert into PDF format file then upload. The received payment will be acknowledged by system within 2 weeks after payment has been confirmed.
For International Participant, you can pay using PayPal
CALLING FOR JURY
IVIID2023 would like to invite experienced academics or practitioners or trainers to become a jury for IVIID2023. The details are as follow:
- Have experienced in innovation competition as a participant.
- Have experienced as a jury in any national or international-level of innovation competition.
- Area of expertise focusing on Science & Technology or Social Sciences.
How to apply?
- Fill in the jury application form HERE
- Attach latest CV in the form.
- The deadline for the application is on 14 July 2023.
Upon the selection process, an official appointment letter and further information will be emailed to the juries. Only successful candidates will be notified via email a week after the deadline (please check the spam folder too).
- Appointment letter
- Certificate of appreciation
Any juror who wishes to forfeit their duty must inform the organizer five (5) days before the event.
Conflict of Interest
A potential conflict of interest may arise from relationships, allegiances or hostilities to particular groups, organisations or interests, influencing one’s judgments or actions excessively. The issue is susceptible when such interests are private and/or may result in personal gain. While serving as a juror, no individual should obtain or appear to get special advantages for themselves, their close associates, or relatives due to their service as a juror.
Jurors must declare their relationship and not judge the work submitted. Failure to conform to this regulation could comply with the juror in getting the benefits extended by the organiser and the participant(s), which would disqualify the prize’s entry and forfeiture.
(credit to Econdev 2022)
International Virtual Innovation, Invention & Design Competition 2023 (IVIID2023)
Faculty of Hotel and Tourism Management
UiTM Cawangan Pulau Pinang